Nextdoor can certainly flood your inbox with many unnecessary emails. Here is how you can reduce them:
- Open your Nextdoor App
- Head over to your ‘Settings’ which can be found by clicking the 3 dots at the bottom right of your screen […] and scrolling to the bottom
- Open ‘Settings’ and click on ‘Notifications’
On this page you can manage your email and phone notifications
- To reduce the amount of emails you receive, click on ‘Email notifications’
You will see a list of options to customize your email notifications.
- Digest emails’ are a summary of your neighborhood activity. This is not an essential notification and can be turned completely off or it can have its frequency reduced depending on your preference.
- ‘Updates from your local area’ is another non-essential notification that can be turned off completely or reduc frequency.
- The only essential notifications are under ‘Activity that involves you’. These notifications are recommended they remain on, to ensure not missing important activities like replies, comments or private messages.
You can always come back and edit these changes to fit best your preferences.